SCALNYX is a French tech startup developing AI-powered High Performance Computing tools for computational intensive applications. SCALNYX targets clients in Capital Market industry, Science, Oil & Gas, and this technology might be extended later into other sectors.
Our R&D team is growing and we are seeking permanent AI focused data scientists. We value creative people and we believe in the uniqueness of each person, and that by embracing diverse ideas and working together as a unified team, we can strive for excellence.
The applicant shall be highly specialist in data science for AI including preferably Causal AI. As an R&D focused data scientist at SCALNYX, you will be a key member in solving applied research problems related to our client’s use cases and to our product suite, which necessitate candidates with multidisciplinary experience and a unique innovation mindset to be able to produce real solutions with a tight time to market. You will have the opportunity to see your inventive ideas integrated in real-life products, very fast. You shall take part in all the research and innovation tasks of the company.
Location: Paris, may include international trips.
Mission and Responsibilities
- Data management for Causal AI as well as all AI existing or to come technics ML/DL/AI, NLP,….
- Design / realize software to structure, clean, assess, fetch, process data.
- Manage projects with our clients and our internal tech team and be part of innovative projects that will have high added value
- Fast prototyping ideas and demonstrations
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers
- Participate in innovation ecosystems events such as GDR, “Pôle de compétitivité”, meetup, conferences, and any events to raise awareness of SCALNYX solutions.
- Identify and collaborate with key technological partners
- Could from time to time participate in valorization activities such as CIR, whitepapers, scientific publications, etc…
- Be a leader and a reference in your Data science area
Qualifiction & Experiences
- Experience in …
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, shap, LIME etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab etc
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Very good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Working with and creating data architectures.
- Numerical computing and applied mathematics.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests, etc…) and experience with applications.
- Additionally, following experience would be a plus:
- Manycore/multicore CPU architectures, distributed runtime
- Software architecture: microservices, design patterns, concurrent programming model
- Software optimization and compiler technologies
- Machine learning
- Scientific algorithms, Financial or O&G algorithms are a plus
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe, etc…) and microservices frameworks
- Scientific publications in international conferences and journals
- Experience with parallel programming in languages such as C/C++/C++11/C++14, Python, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, MPI, Intel TBB, POSIX threads, etc.
- Experience with HPC algorithms, compiler technologies, DSL tools, and familiarity with performance analysis tools
- Understanding or experience in low level hardware such as multicore CPU architectures, accelerated hardware technologies (FPGA, GPU, manycore Kalray), networking I/O, OS, or compiler.
- Good Knowledge in Linux is mandatory, (Windows would be a plus)
- Solid track record in personally handling demanding software projects, getting things done
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Fun to work with 🙂
If you are interested in kickstarting your career in a dynamic startup environment, be part of our adventure team, solve real-life problems, and be responsible for pushing your ideas to products, then let’s talk.
If you are interested to kickstart your career in a dynamic startup environment, be part of our adventure team, solve real-life problems, and be responsible of pushing your ideas to products, then let’s talk.
Send your CV and Cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org