SCALNYX is a French tech startup developing AI-powered High Performance Computing tools for computational intensive applications. SCALNYX targets clients in Capital Market industry, Science, Oil & Gas, and this technology might be extended later into other sectors.
We are recruiting a junior Research and Development engineer: the applicant holds a PhD or Postdoc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Architecture, Electrical Engineering, or a related area and he is applying for his first CDI after graduation. Applicants shall be highly specialists in HPC development environment, especially GPU development (CUDA, OpenCL, new languages) and will be able to conduct ground-breaking work with GPU products and technology.
As an R&D engineer at SCALNYX, you will be a key member in solving applied research problems related to our client’s problems and to our product suite, which necessitate candidates with multidisciplinary experience and a unique innovation mindset to be able to produce real solutions with a tight time to market. You will have the opportunity to see your inventive ideas integrated in real-life products, very fast. You shall take part in all the research and innovation tasks of the company.
Mission and Responsibilities
- Research and Innovation in the area of parallel computing relevant to SCALNYX roadmap; ML/DL/AI, parallel computing, HPC.
- Design / realize software optimized architecture for intensive computing on GPGPU
- Manage projects with our clients and our internal tech team and identify innovative research projects that will have high added value
- Fast prototyping research ideas and demonstrations
- Create and maintain strong collaborative associations with university-based researchers
- Identify and apply to R&D projects funding at national and European level
- Participate in innovation ecosystems events such as GDR, “Pôle de compétitivité”, meetup, conferences, and any events to raise awareness of SCALNYX solutions.
- Identify and collaborate with key technological partners
- Generation of intellectual property and patent filing
- Participate actively in valorization activities such as CIR, whitepapers, scientific publications, etc…
- Experience in the following research areas (more is better):
- High Performance Computing (HPC), Big Data, and Simulations
- GPU technology and programming
- Grid and Cloud computing
- Numerical computing and applied mathematics
- Additionally, following experience would be a plus:
- Manycore/multicore CPU architectures, distributed runtime
- Software architecture: microservices, design patterns, concurrent programming model
- Software optimization and compiler technologies
- Machine learning
- Scientific algorithms, Financial or O&G algorithms are a plus
- Knowledge of deep learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Caffe, etc…) and microservices frameworks
- Scientific publications in international conferences and journals
- Experience with parallel programming in languages such as C/C++/C++11/C++14, Python, CUDA, OpenCL, OpenMP, MPI, Intel TBB, POSIX threads, etc.
- Experience with HPC algorithms, compiler technologies, DSL tools, and familiarity with performance analysis tools
- PhD in computer engineering, computer science, or mathematics
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with and present to customers.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to conduct independent research while also contributing to team-oriented projects
- Fluency in spoken and written English
If you are interested to kickstart your career in a dynamic startup environment, be part of our adventure team, solve real-life problems, and be responsible of pushing your ideas to products, then let’s talk.
Send your CV and Cover letter at email@example.com